This is a Warning Label
Whenever feedback is left – This pop up blanks out the screen and the buyer must click on the image to remove it.
If you read between the lines, this label reads as a warning to all sellers…
What does it say to you?
As a seller does it tell you…
- To Trust eBay?
- That your open to extortion now more than ever?
- Your business should diversify?
- That eBay thinks buyers are, or should be, afraid of sellers?
- Feedback is no longer a reason to shop or sell on eBay?
- Years of hard earned feedback history is meaningless now?
If your a positive person… Do you think this pop up image, shown to each and every buyer you have or will ever have, every time they choose to leave feedback, is a good thing?
Do you believe presenting the idea of fear and retaliation has a positive impact on yours or eBay’s bottom line business.
Do you think any other (i.e. Amazon.com) marketplace would ever present such a powerful negative message to each and every one of its customers?
I don’t think so….