In our previous post we reviewed Trading Assistants & franchise eBay drop store marketing ideas and I promised to detail how and why every Trading Assistant or drop store owner should have an eBay Stores account.
It always amazes me when I consult with franchise owners who are struggling to find that they have not signed up to become an eBay store owner. These franchise drop store owners are struggling to generate profits and eventually they ask for marketing ideas, when one of the smartest marketing tools available on the planet is an eBay Stores account. Why don’t these business people take advantage of this opportunity?
Is it the $15.95 per month charge which holds them back? Or is it simply the fact that eBay does not do a good job of explaining why eBay stores are the key to becoming profitable on eBay.
If you are simply listing auctions on eBay and do not take advantage of the eBay stores profit possibilities you are missing out on a brand building capability and incredible advertising. How much would you have to pay in PPC campaign to get the following numbers attributed to your eCommerce website without eBay?
Anyone can learn about eBay stores directly from eBay here: eBay Stores
Here are some of the reasons not mentioned in the eBay promotion.
- The Page Rank of any eBay Store will be higher than any other website or blog you own as referenced below:
WebGrader Report: http://www.stores.ebay.com/all-business-auctions
|Google Page Rank||2|
|Technorati Rank||Not Ranked|
|Google Inbound Links||914,000|
|Yahoo Inbound Links||0|
|Delicious Saved Count||0|
|Google Indexed Pages||1,090,000|
Google PageRank : 2
“Google PageRank relies on the uniquely democratic nature of the web by using its vast link structure as an indicator of an individual page’s value. In essence, Google interprets a link from page A to page B as a vote, by page A, for page B. But, Google looks at more than the sheer volume of votes, or links a page receives; it also analyzes the page that casts the vote. Votes cast by pages that are themselves important weigh more heavily and help to make other pages important.”
It will be a long time before any eCommerce store or weblog will create 914,000 inbound links. Granted, those links are distributed among the many eBay stores owners but the weight they carry for SEO is all yours for $15.95 a month!
What is an eBay Store?
• Key to a global and local eBay marketing strategy
• Essential to take advantage of global branding & marketing opportunities
• Greater exposure for brand & products
• Increases ancillary sales
eBay is an amazing venue for online sales and for online advertising. If your Trading Assistant business is looking for the highest return on an online advertising budget, you should consider using the power of eBay Stores.
Included with an eBay Stores account:
• Multiple eBay web pages available for use
• Shopping environment which increases consumer confidence
• Additional search engine exposure
• Longer exposure for inventory items
• Greater access to eBay Express
• Up-selling opportunities – Increase Ancillary Sales
• Display all your auction and fixed price listings from your own, customizable web store with built in access to traffic
• Low monthly fees starting at $15.95 a month
• Marketing and merchandising tools to help drive traffic to your eBay Store
• Advanced business tools to help you track and analyze your eBay Store’s performance
• In addition to auction and fixed price listings for 1, 3, 7 or 10 day durations, eBay Store sellers can list in fixed price for 30 days or leave their items up until sold or cancelled – at a reduced fee
See eBay’s tutorial and description of eBay stores here:
Terapeak eBay Keyword Research