How many eCommerce Platforms?

This is a simple poll we are running to get a feel for the numbers of merchants exploring the potential of multi channel selling.

Scot Wingo recently revealed that Channel Adviser has over 6000 clients using the CA software platform. We assume the multi-channel selling concept that Scot and CA developed early on has a wider appeal now than it once had when eBay was at its peak.

How many of you are trying new and interesting channels such as Etsy, Bonanzle, Online Auction, Dawdle, or any of the others which have popped up in the last 12 months?  Conversely, how many are sticking just with eBay or your own ecommerce shopping cart website?

We would like to hear from you!

, , , , , , , , , ,

0 Responses to How many eCommerce Platforms?

1. renagade February 11, 2009 at 10:56 am #

I personally am selling on Bonanzle and still running the occasional Auction on eBay. I found that this is the best setup for me at this time. I have tried other sites and found Bonanzle to offer the best venue for my items.

2. Kim (KimsKorner) February 11, 2009 at 7:20 pm #

I doubt I will ever list or sell on eBay ever again. I am doing well on Bonanzle selling, and find plenty of great deals there. And I do good with books on Amazon. So I most likely will stick to only those too. I am very very happy with everything about Bonanzle and its not only good business wise for me, and shopping saving money, but the community is great and I love the atmosphere.

Amazon I hate the fees, BUT as far as books go I do the best there.

3. sofyblu2 February 12, 2009 at 1:31 am #

Thanks to Ebay, one of the greatest online eBay alternatives has risen to the top of the list. Bonanzle.com came out of beta in the start of September 2008, and in that time has exploded. Many of your favorite sellers have re-located here.

No listing fees. Low final value fees.Listing is a breeze.Support is out of this world – personal contacts – no canned responses!. The ability to negotiate and share info in real time right in your Bonanzle Booth. A community that actually is the friendliest on earth and will do anything to help you. The ability to upload your items to Google Base, a feature that is the absolute best way to draw customers. The sellers choose what method of payment they wish to accept: money orders, checks, google and paypal.
    I encourage all those small sellers who are looking for a viable place to sell their items to come over to Bonanzle and see for yourselves what it is that makes this site the award winning, fastest growing sales venue on the web.
    Some milestones to consider:
    Bonanzle was named the best ebay alternative in July, 2008 by Ecommerce Guide. (Before even coming out of beta!) http://www.ecommerce-guide.com:80/news/news/article.php/3762231

Bonanzle was again named the best ebay alternative this time by SmallBusinessComputing! http://www.ecommerce-guide.com:80/news/news/article.php/3762231
    On behalf of the Bonanzle community I invite you come look around and ask questions. These are links to my 2 booths.

4. silkfair February 12, 2009 at 3:27 am #

The interesting trend we’re seeing with Silkfair.com sellers is that a lot of them have very well made blogs that they use to promote the vision of their business.

I think in time more of these people wish to expand on their own websites or blogs to covert that into self-serving stores, and the interesting challenge for platforms like ours would be how we can continue to drive traffic to those stores yet allow these small businesses to own and control their own online presence.

5. Action Health Life February 12, 2009 at 8:44 am #

I haven’t listed on ebay in quite awhile because I’m addicted to Bonanzle. It’s weird but I’ve just avoided ebay and the stress and have spend more time at http://www.bonanzle.com

Sales have really picked up there and I love the community!

6. Kat Barton February 12, 2009 at 9:04 am #

I started selling on-line in April of 08. I started with ebay, and then after one sale, I had to leave due to family stuff. In November of 08, when I was free again, I found bonanzle, and have not been back ebay. I love the format of bonanzle and the easy set up. I have had consistent sales since Joining. This is a lighthearted atmosphere with no fees to join, no fees to stay, and small tiny fee when you sell! I would not have it any other way!
    Gypsy Trading Company

7. Robin Standard February 12, 2009 at 4:24 pm #

We used to sell on ebay as power sellers, we had to pay so much in fees and then paypal started holding our customer’s money. We are finally done with ebay and very happy we are now that we found Bonanzle. We sell on websites and on Bonanzle now. It is so easy to use and import your listings from Craigs list or ebay. You can even import your feedback.
    Please visit us at:

8. Warmbeach777 February 12, 2009 at 4:28 pm #

We’ve sold on Ebay, Blujay,Ecrater,Wagglepop, Probidz Yahoo ,Bonanzle is by far the best e-commerces site we have found, It is new in the market place, But we believe that as the economy returns, This will be the place to be.

Warm Beach Clothing n’ Collectibles

9. Bejooled*Glitterbug February 12, 2009 at 4:39 pm #

After many years on the bay, I find Bonanzle to be a breath of fresh air! It is very easy to set up a booth, and listings and photos are a snap. There are NO fees until a sale is made and then the fee is minimal.

The members are friendly and supportive and the two founding partners are available for questions every day and happy to help. (That’s such a nice change!) These guys GET it!

I’m very happy to have joined Bonanzle. Have a look around http://www.bonanzle.com and see the differences. The bay should be worried — very worried.

10. AvocadoLane February 12, 2009 at 5:06 pm #

Bonanzle is the main site I sell on now. It is a wonderful selling venue where the owners treat their customers with respect, and the other members are always there to help out when you need it. Bonanzle is the best!

11. Dottie February 12, 2009 at 7:23 pm #

I list on multiple sites/venues with Bonanzle being my main platform for products. I left eBay about 3 years ago and I would not consider selling there again with the policies they have in place!!! GO BONANZLE!!!
    Dottie
    Sunflower Boutique @ Bonanzle

12. MetzyMom February 12, 2009 at 7:55 pm #

I sold at eBay for more than 2 years but left there February 2008. I tried a couple other venues, but had no success and to be truthful, it wasn’t much different than eBay because I still didn’t feel in charge of my business. I have been selling at http://www.OnlineAuction.com for a year now and have never been happier. I am in full control of my own business, from the templates to the promoting!!! I love having the freedom to decide for myself what is right for my business, what forms of payment to accept, what kinds of promotions to run (and when to run them), etc. My policies are MY policies, not ‘cookie-cutter-made-for-everyone’ policies. I set my own standards, my own time frames, my own payment schedules, etc. Feedback is given from both sides!!! I pay $8 a month for unlimited listings with no other fees and I sleep better at night not worrying about what I might end up paying… I just did my taxes, and without all those fees, I actually made some pretty good money last year… and I did it on my own terms. How cool is that???
    I am currently waiting for my first full-fledged website to be completed. It is being done by KnockOutSoftware.com and I am so excited to take even further control of MY business.
    It’s an awesome feeling to know that my success is MY success, and if I fail, I have only myself to blame… which is as it should be as a business owner. Who knows? I could be the next Bed, Bath, and Beyond and it will have all begun with my MetzyMom Goats Milk Soap, OnlineAuction.com, and Metzy’s.com by KnockoutSoftware!!!

13. Roxanne Mitchell February 13, 2009 at 12:45 am #

I do not see how the “small seller” can “afford” to continue selling on ebay. Their fees have made it cost prohibitive. You have to be a “power seller’ to get the discounts. And even then their fees are “way too high”. I have been “forced by the marketplace” to search elsewhere for a platform. I hope and I believe I have found it at bonanzle.com .

14. Sharon Krohn February 13, 2009 at 4:52 pm #

Selling on Bonanzle.com is great.