eBay Discussion Forums – A Dangerous Place to Dwell

eBay discussion gone awry...

Most everyone is aware eBay provides its users with a discussion forum found under the "community" tab on every eBay page.

As in most discussion forums, the goal is to provide user generated content in the form of help, advise and guidance for new and seasoned users alike. Community discussion, tips & tricks and overall general best practices discussions are available on these forums.

The social aspect has always been strong on the eBay forums and this is why eBay is generally accepted as being the very first social network every introduced on the Internet.

Comradeship built among the eBay members within the forums increased the user loyalty for eBay, a loyalty many brands would dearly love to re-create.

So What's the Problem?

I have used the discussion forums over the years, both for asking questions and as a more seasoned seller, to answer the questions posed by newer members.  I must say my frequency of visits to the eBay community forums has diminished over time.

The comradeship and helpful spirit seems to have been supplanted by a more mean spirited and bureaucratic genre of users on the eBay discussion forums.   eBay has allowed the inmates to take over the asylum so to speak. With the current system of forum rules and enforcement, the situation will only get more disadvantageous for eBay over time.

Where is the Police?

These discussion forums are policed by the members themselves.  When a rule is broken or when a rule can be construed as broken, members in the know can report the supposed rule breaker to the eBay authorities.

This system could possibly work, if these supposed eBay authorities or moderators would then take a moment to read the specific offence and confirm that a violation had in fact occurred.

Apparently the eBay employees tasked with these policing duties do not have the time for these kinds of confirmations as they will remove a post or ban a member simply because another member said so. Looking at the actual violation seems to be a waste of time for moderators on eBay forums.  Better to just remove or ban and ask questions later. Of course the removed party has no method for asking these questions and therefore the problem is removed forever.

Huge Community

We all know eBay is a huge community, the eBay forums are also quite large and unwieldy to manage. Yet some other way of handling the reports of abuse must be devised.  Good members are being mistreated by the discussion boards simply for speaking their minds and joining the conversation.  Other members who feel they must direct the conversation will simply report non-conforming discussion group members as rule breakers, whether a rule had been violated or not.

When enough reports of rules violations occur (and these reports can be organized by a certain group of like minded members against an unsuspecting outspoken member) the non-conforming member is banned from the forums by eBay.  This is done in many cases without review or any sort of due process.

eBay devised this self policing system because they wanted to keep the place clean and tidy without too much employee involvement.  eBay seems to have failed to realize that some members of these forums, while appearing to be helpful to eBay, are actually damaging the companies reputation with these bogus reports of rule breaking and forum violations.

Case in point:

This morning I received a comment on one of the TA Journal posts which on the surface appeared to be spam simply because it was just a link to a video with no other meaningful text or discussion. I took a look at the video to confirm it was in fact spam.  I don't think it is.

The comment was posted by a former eBay member and apparently former eBay forums member who is so frustrated with the internal politics and workings of the eBay discussion forums that they produced this video and posted it on YouTube. They did this once they were banned from the forums and one can only assume left eBay as a result.

In the video, terms like "Feedies", "Cheerleaders" and "Tools" are used to describe members who use the forum rules on eBay to remove members they do not happen to like or agree with.

I have encountered these types of members in the discussion groups and I have been threatened with the wrath of same openly and directly within the forums. I have never been reported (to my knowledge) or banned but I have experienced the chilling effect of being advised that I should change my tune and conform if I wished to remain as part of the discussion forums.

Frankly I am too busy to duke it out with forum groupies so in most cases I just went about my business. But if one were to become defensive when hearing these threats, it appears that the "feedies" and "Cheerleaders" and "Tools" can and will use the power of mob rule to remove anyone who does not conform.

Forums Damage eBay Reputation

This situation damages ebay's reputation and causes members, new and old, to look elsewhere at an alarming rate. eBay should find a way to mitigate this damage and alter the forum rule enforcement procedures on the discussion boards so they can not be gamed so easily by these "Tools".

I did not produce this video or have anything whatsoever to do with its production. Certain eBay members are named in this video and if your name is on the list, please contact the video producer with any complaints. The video is freely available on YouTube it has been inserted here merely for reader convenience.

As always, comments are open below...
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwPLD60CgFY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1]

, , , , , , , ,

0 Responses to eBay Discussion Forums – A Dangerous Place to Dwell

1. DelectablyYoursDecor August 21, 2008 at 10:48 am #

I found this video hysterical! . . . and true. I don’t know about each name listed, but I surely do recognize some.

Touché to who made it!!

2. Former Ebay Seller August 21, 2008 at 11:16 am #

Wooo F-ing Hoo

3. Former Ebay Seller August 21, 2008 at 11:19 am #

Thank you very much!

(in Elvis voice)

4. Henrietta August 21, 2008 at 12:30 pm #

Something that was not mentioned in the video is that Feedies delight in mobbing lost newbies in the Answer Center. These are people who give misinformation which could have catastrophic consequences for question askers, often framed in scathing terms denigrating the intelligence of anyone who would ask such a question. They rarely bother to give links so the questioner can verify the information, and learn from the process.

It is truly unpleasant and when someone has to make asking a question an act of courage, it violates the whole point of the answer center.

The same group, and I recognize several names, move in packs, one will ask a bait question under a new ID (individual writing style is quite distinctive) and then answer it themselves under a different name. Busily reporting answerers who disagree with their viewpoint all the while. Why? It must be the DWAMA! The feeling of power. Who knows!

5. EbayerSince1999 August 21, 2008 at 1:49 pm #

They are not only hostile, they can be very bad for your business.
    If you say anything that someone there disagrees with, they will hound you all over ebay and everywhere they can. Turn in your listings, post your RL name and address with horrible rumors and all kinds of terrible things.
    And it is not just the feedback board, it is all of them. Also the ebay finance message board at yahoo. IMO, lots of the people there are probably paid “plants”

I think they need to be investigated by the government. That can’t be legal.
    And I don’t believe word one from ebay anymore. How many times have they been caught dead in the rights telling big lies now??

6. Proud Feedie August 21, 2008 at 9:01 pm #

Ya know, you really ought to get your facts straight rather than buying into this garbage. The YOU TUBE video and video responses are such an embarassment to the producers it is laughable. Rather than creepy old dirty-looking, unkempt men showing off their potty mouths, why not enter into an actual discussion of what concerns them? As for their accusations of eBay forum users being eBay employees, come on. EVERYONE who posts on the forums at one time or another has been pink-slapped, sanctioned or both. If you post something that is reportable, you have no one to blame but yourself when it gets pulled. How about some personal responsibility here? It’s something called R U L E S, and they are a part of life. If ya can’t follow them, there is something called C O N S E Q U E N C E S. It’s pretty simple. The only thing these “disgruntled” forum members have succeded in doing is making themselves look ridiculous, like children throwing a tantrum. The dude in the one video looks as though perhaps he needs to lay off the pipe. Just doesn’t do much for their “cause”. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. The eBay forums have rules. Don’t like them? Don’t post there.

7. Scott Pooler August 21, 2008 at 10:04 pm #

@ Proud Feedie

My post did not buy into any argument proposed by the producer of this video. I simply used the video as it was sent to me as a way to highlight the height of frustration many members experience when encountering the type of forum behavior you have exhibited in the comment above.

I have never been “Pink Slapped” and I certainly need no education on consequences when posting a simple question, link or answer in an Internet forum. I have personally experienced this type of rude behavior on the forums and as it turns out I have not been alone in this experience.

You and your Feedie friends can send me all the threats you like in private email but I will not remove my article or the example video under any circumstances. If you have a problem with the video, take it up with the producer of the video. But in my view it only contains eBay screen names and no personal information so there is no reason for me to think your security has been compromised in any way.

My post simply pointed out the mean spirited and rude behavior which drives new users away from the forums and from eBay on a daily basis. And you have come into my blog to prove my point. Thank You.

Haughty and indignant, self righteous and pompas are just a few of the terms normal eBay members might use to describe the types of discussion board members who post similar drivel as you have added to my blog with the comment above.

People go to the eBay forums for advise and help in addition to social interaction. They certainly do not need to be constantly attacked by Feedies who have nothing better to do than quote rules and regulations.

Please find some other place to expel your form of rules enforcement. On this blog I enforce the rules and I do not tolerate the kind of personal attack you have exhibited in the comment above.

8. Proud Feedie August 21, 2008 at 10:31 pm #

Scott,

The majority of my comment was directed at the producers of the You Tube video, not to you personally.

I DO feel it is a tad one-sided the way you have portrayed the poor “victims” of the Feedie Forest.

The You Tube video creators are calling people out using filthy language and various threats. And why? Because they are ASSUMING that the frequent posters on the eBay forums are plants, or eBay employees?

If anyone showed their true colors, I’m sorry, but it is them.

Anyway, I just wanted to clarify that some of comment was not in any way directed at you personally, and I regret that you took it that way.

Also, for the record, I have not sent you any private correspondence whatsoever, and do not correspond with any of the posters outside of the forum itself. If anyone has contacted you, it is probably out of concern for themselves.

This is how things get carried away, and people end up with real life harm coming to them. Those boards are famous for that, and this type of thing only fuels that type of fire.

Many innocent people have been dragged into ugly battles that involve their real lives, simply because if an opinion they expressed on a discussion forum, and that is sad.

9. Scott Pooler August 21, 2008 at 11:13 pm #

The eBay Coach seems to have a similar opinion of the eBay discussion forums:

If you haven’t visited the eBay Discussion Forums on eBay.com, here is a warning. Read and lurk for a while, maybe a few weeks, before you say a word. These boards are dominated by long-time sellers who do not welcome new posters. I recently started visiting the boards and helping new sellers with questions, only to be mocked, criticized, and ridiculed. I’ve now been banned three times for simply trying to help, and will never post there again. The atmosphere is very “junior high” and full of unnecessary drama – it “totally” reminds me of the movie, “Mean Girls.”

10. Scott Pooler August 21, 2008 at 11:26 pm #

@ Proud Feedie,

I just read the posts on the comments section under the You Tube video posted in my article.

The foul language that is presented seems to have been brought into that forum by an outsider attempting to cause the same kind of disruption on You Tube that has been witnessed on the eBay discussion forums for years.

Of course foul language is not allowed on eBay but the poster who brought it to the You Tube comments section is not a member of the group who produced the video.

Thanks for your apology for your comment tone and if you did not send the email threat, I appreciate your denouncing it. But please be aware that it matters not who you were directing your personal comments towards, they will not be tolerated here.

This blog has not fueled any fire, we simply have reported on a common problem recognized and experienced by thousands of members of eBay who ever ventured into the eBay discussion forums.

Certainly not all members of eBay and not all discussion board members are part of the problem, there is a great deal of helpful and experienced people who try to help new and old members alike every day. But even these members will comment upon the rudeness and pomposity that other members exhibit and will say openly that they do not recommend asking any questions in this forum or that on eBay. These recommendations come from years of experience.

To me, this situation is intolerable and should have been controlled by eBay long ago.

Using rules to silence contrary opinions and ganging up on new members with rude and opinionated replies is no way to encourage new membership to remain within eBay.

Whats the end game?

Helping or dominating?

11. awesome*possum August 21, 2008 at 11:47 pm #

Scott

You wrote: Certainly not all members of eBay and not all discussion board members are part of the problem, there is a great deal of helpful and experienced people who try to help new and old members alike every day.

_______

You see, many of the people mentioned in that video ARE the helpful ones. I challenge you to go to the eBay discussion boards and do an advanced search on my username. Read 10 or 20 of them just randomly. See if you can find any that attack other members. Then come back and tell me why you publish a video that names me as some kind of trouble maker.

I am posting with my eBay username instead of an alias, in the hopes that you will indeed take the time to check it out.

I do not deny that there ARE people on any internet board who want to flame others, and eBay boards are no exception. But I think you would have to dig deep to find that I am one of them.

If your name were thrown about in this manner, how would you want to be treated?

12. Scott Pooler August 22, 2008 at 12:10 am #

@ Awsome*Possum

Please read the statement in the article:

I am sorry if your name has been added to the video incorrectly. Please notice I never posted any names in this blog and I never proposed the video to be correct or accurate. What I did was use the video to bring to light the very real problems which exist on the eBay forums.

Since I have no control over the video, I can not remove your eBay selling name from same.

This video is being viewed by thousands of You Tube users and Internet surfers from multiple sources beyond this blog. Even if I were to remove the video from the TA Journal, it would still be available in multiple other ways and your complaint would continue elsewhere.

I understand your issue and I empathise with your plight. I did perform the search on your name in the eBay forums and the results were inconclusive as there are pages upon pages of the same result.

“Awfullest Feedback Ever” Contest

With the link leading nowhere.

17 pages of the same link, how does that happen?
    Maybe you should check with eBay to see whats up with your forum history because something has gone awry.

13. awesome*possum August 22, 2008 at 12:32 am #

The Awfullest Feedback Ever Thread is actually a hilariously fun thread which I post to a lot. You ought to read a bit of it!

You can narrow the search to the last few weeks and get past the many pages of that thread. Then your search would not be so “inconclusive.”

You could have made your points about the abuse of internet discussion forums without the video. An open discussion is far more reasonable than the smear campaign being mounted by the video maker.

The worst I ever said to the author of the video is that she made a mistake in her advice to a poster concerning a shipping problem. I gave the link to the USPS website to show the correct answer.

She immediately concluded that I am the spawn of the devil because I disagreed with her, and then began accusing me of all sorts of evil deeds. This, in spite of the fact that I tried to help her find a better way to get her point across without being slapped silly by the moderators at every turn.

If you will go back and do the search I suggested, you will see that I am a very reasonable poster whose main goal is to help others and to try to deflect the meaner comments. If anything, I am the antithesis of the flamers.

As a fairly reasonable person yourself, perhaps you can see why I object to being treated poorly by a poster I tried my best to help, and why I object to you giving the video unwarranted credence by posting it on your site.

14. Scott Pooler August 22, 2008 at 1:37 am #

@Awesome*Possum

I understand your request and again, I empathise with your wishes. If you are not part of the problem then you must be part of the solution and I will thank you for that.

The problem I have here, and I even made a special post earlier in the day commenting on the problem… is that I have been directly threatened in private emails sent through this site. These threats detailed retaliation by what I must assume are members of the groups you say do not exist or that you do not belong to.

If I had never received those other emails earlier in the day, I may have considered removing the video from my article in the interest of fairness to those who may have been mistakenly or even maliciously identified by a third party.

But at this point I can not remove the video or the post simply because I can not allow the appearance of my having been coerced into changing a story to accommodate the very people the story was written to expose. Not to mention, I will not be intimidated by someone from an eBay discussion board.

You may not have anything whatsoever to do with any of this. And to be truthful I doubt anyone would know your name was even in the video if you had not brought the fact to light in these comments.

Most people see the video as a verification of the intimidation and poor behaviour they themselves have experienced on the eBay boards but never quite discussed with anyone before now.

eBay screen names are a matter of public record. No sensitive data has been revealed here. I did not produce, commend or recommend the video. I merely presented it to the public in my blog which I have every right to do.

I am sorry, but it must remain where it is as long as YouTube serves up the feed. Please see You Tube to resolve your complaint.

Thanks for reading the Trading Assistant Journal

15. vzaar Jamie August 22, 2008 at 8:43 am #

For me the problem is, and confirmed in conversations with an eBay employee this week, is that the forums are old, outdated and unable to provide the sophisticated tools that online communities now desire.

– RSS feeds by thread
    – RSS feeds for searches
    – Search by ALL forums
    – User Ratings
    – Effective Report This Thread functionality
    – Effective HTML options
    – Polls (although I know why eBay would want to turn this off!)

At present the eBay boards are outdated and sadly quite pathetic for a company of it’s size. They work in the sense that they allow people to converse but beyond that they offer very little. For me to be able to search for themes across all the boards is a process of utter tediousness as I have to search board by board. Not good enough.

Two issues holding eBay back is
    (a) the sheer volume of historical threads that would need to be migrated
    (b) an effective and consistent moderation team in place.

16. Steve Kennedy August 22, 2008 at 8:50 am #

“BTW–I see your point about not being the author of the video. However, by helping to disseminate it, you are tacitly agreeing to its content.”

I really don’t see where Scott is “tacitly agreeing to its content” at all. He has made that point several times.

I have stopped participating in the forums because I didn’t feel that it was a good use of my time. I am sure that only a small percentage of eBay users even know that the Forums exist, let alone use them.

17. Scott Pooler August 22, 2008 at 10:34 am #

@ Steve Kennedy and @ Vzaar Jamie

Thanks for your comments – both

Please see my most recent article

eBay Was Not Built This Way – Buyer Experience and the eBay Forums

For my reply to your great comments.

18. awesome*possum August 22, 2008 at 10:55 am #

Scott

The only reason I brought my name into it was to give you a “real” ID to look over. No other reason.

If you received email threats, I am deeply grieved, and hope that you will take proper action against the wrongdoers. Has it occurred to you that perhaps the ones behind the video are capable of emailing you with aliases in order to “prove their point”? Had you received any threats prior to their contacting you with the video?

They have certainly been active in emailing others.

My words here will have to stand for themselves, and my behaviour on the boards is a matter of record for anyone to discover. The author of the video similarly has a record for anyone to see. I guess if anyone is interested, then he can see and judge for himself. That goes for any and all of the usernames mentioned in the video.

I concede your right to publish anything you choose. However, I think a person’s actions reveal her character, and that is why I am gracefully bowing out at this point.

There is a difference between what you have the right to do, and what is the right thing to do.

I hate board trolls and wars as much as anyone on the planet. It would have been fun to participate in the discussion.

Good luck to you in the future.

19. Scott Pooler August 22, 2008 at 11:09 am #

@awesome*possum

Just for the record, the video was posted as a comment. I have had no other communication with the video producer and the person or persons behind the video did not ask me to write my article or provide any of the content for same.

Much as I had nothing to do with the crafting of their video.

Your conspiracy theory is interesting but I do not believe it to be the case.

I am sure your a fine person and I really would like to help, but as I have stated I am in a position now which will not allow me to remove the video.

Good luck to you as well!

Thanks for reading the Trading Assistant Journal

20. awesome*possum August 22, 2008 at 11:28 am #

I apologize that you thought I was promoting a conspiracy theory. That was not my intent. More of a heads up.

By the way, I lied. I think I will participate in your discussion after all. I won’t dwell on the video, as you have made your point and while I regret your decision for personal reasons, I think the debate is valid.

Thank you for allowing me to post my viewpoint.

21. Scott Pooler August 22, 2008 at 11:39 am #

@Awesome*Possum

Re: “I only wish that you could see for yourself that some people are “treated badly” on the boards because they send out engraved invitations……”

How, may I ask… Do people send out these “engraved invitations” to be abused in a discussion thread?

Do they ask the wrong question?

Do they waste someones time?

Are they just too trivial?

How does one ask for abuse, exactly?

22. awesome*possum August 22, 2008 at 11:52 am #

Are you asking me seriously? Are you mad at me for having disagreed with you earlier?

Internet trolls, flamers, and spammers are not unique to the eBay boards.

Some people come to the boards with the sole intent of disruption. To me, that’s an engraved invitation to the folk who like to rise to such occasions.

I think you are misreading me and my intent in coming here. I apologize for perhaps not presenting my point of view in a better fashion, though I have tried hard to be logical and reasonable about a topic that inspires emotional responses.

Can we reach a common ground where you do not see me as adversarial?

23. Scott Pooler August 22, 2008 at 11:59 am #

@ Awesome*Blossom

Sure, we can reach a common ground, but can you see that by posting a quote such as you have, it could be misconstrued in the manner which I pointed out?

Most people don’t ask for abuse, and my intent is to present the view from outside, the view of most people.

You are presenting the view of a long time forum Feedie who has helped many people on the eBay forums in her day I am sure, but still may be jaded by the uncommon (in the outside world) interactions with the uncontrolled posters on the eBay forums.

Your comment on my other post was excellent by the way, thank you!

24. awesome*possum August 22, 2008 at 12:41 pm #

Thanks.

Hmmm. I’ll have to think about whether ‘jaded’ really applies here, since I was talking about people intentionally seeking to disrupt.

Since it’s not in my power to control the actions and interactions on the Feedback Board, I’ve had to accept that people are responsible for their own words. Good posters can only do so much to mitigate the disrupters.

Every group of people has its own dynamics.

The dynamics of the Feedback Board shift and mutate constantly, especially when eBay makes these big sweeping changes. Announcing the end of negative feedback for buyers brought an influx of new posters (both buyers and sellers) bearing their anger and grudges like pitchforks and torches.

The new posters may or may not have been there to disrupt intentionally–God knows they had and do have legitimate complaints–but the raw emotions were like chum in the water, and certain people –Buyers, Sellers, Newbies, Old Timers– with agendas (on every side of the issues) were quick to take advantage of the situation.

Anyone who tried to be the voice of reason was shouted down and bullied. But again: This is not exclusive to the eBay Boards. Better moderation would have made a world of difference.

The fundamental issue to me is that eBay CHOOSES to allow its boards to be run this way. Whether consciously or by inattention, it is still a choice. I don’t have to point out to you that it’s just one of too many bad choices by eBay.

25. Rich Beck August 22, 2008 at 8:18 pm #

Scott,
    Thank you very much for your continued insight into the world of eBay. As an avid reader of your blogs I know that you rarely endorse the work of others, but simply add your insight.
    I, like Steve, rarely visit the general eBay boards. I find them not only a poor use of my time, but most are generally outright offensive.
    There are however eBay groups out there that have great positive attitudes, are informative and are fun to participate in. They do not subscribe to the overwhelming dictatorial attitude of members on most boards which these discussions refer to. It is unfortunate that there are so few of them.

26. rockdickroll August 27, 2008 at 7:39 am #

They could add l******* to that list. Not a feedie, just a stores board weenie.

27. Scott Pooler August 27, 2008 at 11:10 am #

Sorry Rock…

I am not publishing anyones eBay screen name directly on the Trading Assistant Journal related to this issue.

…. being a weenie is a purely subjective judgment.

28. Video Producer August 28, 2008 at 7:14 pm #

(For the record) awesome*possum HAS been removed from the video.

And thanks to the person who brought up that the bad language WAS brought on by posers, trying to act like they were feedies from the ebay board. That person has since been suspended and all their poser accounts, have been closed.

Stop by and check out my other ebay videos:

29. awesome*possum August 29, 2008 at 7:52 pm #

For the record, I am not removed from the video posted here, and my name has been obscured on the updated one. To tell the truth, anyone who wants to judge the validity of the video and its author need only look at the comments posted there.

30. Video Producer September 2, 2008 at 3:27 pm #

Yes, you ARE off the video! Surely, you don’t think I’m going to take it DOWN, did you? I made an annotation and you are blocked out. If you have other ID’s on there, then I can’t halp that!

To tell the truth, anyone who wants to judge the validity of the video and its author need only look at the comments THESE PEOPLE HAVE posted there, ON THE EBAY FEEDBACK MESSAGE BOARD.

31. Proottope November 19, 2008 at 1:15 pm #

Hello. It is test.

32. wicwac January 26, 2009 at 4:06 pm #

I, too, am on that video. I. like possum, am using my real screen name. I have never reported a post, and I am usually split between the seller and the buyer when it comes to giving advice on a dispute.

You told possum that you were in the “position where you could not remove the video.” That is complete nonsense. You are choosing to keep this going even though you have not personally researched every name in this video. How pleased would you be to have your ID tarnished on multiple sites without the publisher even verifying the information presented?

I am sorry that you have been harrassed about this – that is reprehensible. But so is leaving up inflammatory, unsubstantiated information about third parties with whom you have had no dealings. I guess reprehensible breeds reprehensible.

33. Scott Pooler January 28, 2009 at 10:59 am #

I repeat what I have said before – once again…

“If bringing this video to light, no matter how inaccurate it is, spurs a discussion about the terrible way the eBay discussion boards have been managed for far too long, then I have been part of the solution, not the problem.

This answer will be the same for any and all requests of this type. The answer could have been different if certain trolls or tools had not weighed in with bold demands and not so veiled threats earlier in the day.”

Thanks for reading the Trading Assistant Journal

34. stacey March 6, 2009 at 11:38 am #

Ebay are out-right rude! They literally continue to harass me and report every post I list. My ebay listings fees will mysteriously cost me $18 for an item that is only 99 cents, because ebay adds unwanted features and will not allow me to remove them. My shipping rating is at 4.5 out of 5 stars, and ebay lowered my seller status and threatened to close me down because if you fall to 4 stars you can apparently be suspended. I have 100% feedback and seller ratings. Most the time I offer free shipping and flat rate priority. Most buyers think 4 out of 5 is a good rating, and think they left a positive feedback for doing so, because they are mal informed by ebay. It’s so frustrating. I hate ebay! They are constantly harassing me and adding mysterious fees and if I ask for advice about it ppl immediately attack me on the forums. I just wish someone would steal all their business and force them into bankruptcy. Wheww it feels good to get that off my chest without ebay threatening to close me down lol.

35. TonyB April 1, 2009 at 5:20 pm #

Hi Everyone,
    I have a carpet cleaning business in Houston,TX that was doing pretty good until the economy went bad, and with it my clientele. I have a website for the business but I dont
    know what I have to do the get it to show up in a search. Right now it’s somewhere in the yahoo/google netherworld (LOL).

Is there someone on here that can give me some insight or know of anyone that coud give me insight on how I can get my local website on the front
    page of a Yahoo or Google search to increase my business without it costing me 5 or 10k $$$? If so please share with me.

I thank you and my hungry over-eating children thank you.

thanks,

1. Warning from Feedies Re: eBay Discussion Boards - A Dangerous Place To Dwell « Trading Assistant Journal - August 21, 2008

[…] eBay Discussion Forums – A Dangerous Place to Dwell […]

2. Hillary DePiano.com » the hostility of the eBay forums - August 21, 2008

[…] I have only ventured into the eBay forums and few times but I have always found them to be a very hostile environment. I just feel validated that it wasn’t my imagination by this post. […]

3. eBay Was Not Built This Way - Buyer Experience and the eBay Forums « Trading Assistant Journal - August 22, 2008

[…] 22, 2008 by Scott Pooler My recent article: eBay Discussion Forums – A Dangerous Place to Dwell has stirred up a groundswell of opinion both from within and outside the eBay […]

4. Online Trading Guide | poems investor - August 23, 2008

[…] eBay Discussion Forums – A Dangerous Place to Dwell August 21, 2008 eBay discussion gone awry…Most everyone is aware eBay provides its users with a discussion forum found under the “community” tab on every eBay page.As in most discussion forums, the goal is to provide user generated content in the form of help, advise and guidance for new and seasoned users alike. […]