Listen Live

Listen Anytime - Live Show on Saturday

Dave White, the host of eBay and Beyond, Basics to Business Live Internet Radio Talk Show offered an opportunity to the IMA Board of Directors and/or President. This would allow these IMA managing members to share their side of the growing controversy emanating from inside the Internet Merchants Trade Association.

Any Board Member may clear the air in a live interview on this nationally recognized talk radio show and podcast next Saturday.

The invitation is open for all members of the Internet Merchants Association Board or Ethics Committee. This Internet radio program airs live every Saturday between the hours of 10 and noon EST and can be heard in a 24 hour loop on Live 365 radio.  All programs are also converted to podcast MP3's and offered on iTunes.

Dave has interviewed almost every heavy hitter in the Internet eCommerce trade on the show including people like Scot Wingo of Channel Adviser, Ted Murphy of IZEA, Bjorn Espenes of Infopia and many more.  Dave White is a former eBay University instructor and software specialist, his show is highly rated on iTunes.

To read more about this offer to clear the air, on the air... follow this link: ebasicstobusiness

ANYONE may call in to ask a question or share their story during or after the scheduled interview with IMA President Steve Grossberg: 866-357-7746

eBay & Beyond

, , , , ,

0 Responses to National Radio Show Offers Open Mic to Internet Merchants Association Board Members and President

1. Henrietta July 9, 2008 at 11:50 am #

Now there is a smart businessman!

2. IMA BYE BYE July 9, 2008 at 12:11 pm #

You can’t buy publicity this bad. Maybe the IMA should stop spending on lawyers and hire a public relations firm!

3. Angela July 9, 2008 at 2:46 pm #

Can you imagine the quandary this places Steve? I can just hear his wheels spinning:

“Do I get on there and continue to lie my head off on a public media that will undoubtedly be recorded and can be used in court against me? I certainly can’t get on there and tell the truth. Refuse? That’s an admission of guilt as well, even if I do continue the “confidentiality” BS that I’ve been hiding behind especially since the only thing confidential was my side of the story that nobody was ever supposed to know. Drat that Scott Pool anyway for giving those blasted, lowly squealers a forum!”

4. Dave White July 9, 2008 at 3:10 pm #

UPDATE:

I have just received confirmation via email that Steve Grossberg will appear on our radio program this Saturday at 10:15 AM ET.

Be sure to go to http://www.basicstobusiness.com to listen live, call in or join us on the chat board while we are on the air.

5. Angela July 9, 2008 at 3:24 pm #

Get ready to hear that he respects his members privacy so he can’t answer that ad infinitum. The only member’s privacy he is protecting is his own; since everyone else (other than BOD members) involved has agreed to full disclosure.

The ex-Ethics committee and ex-BOD members (and anybody else that would like to call in) might want to send Dave a statement that you agree to full disclosure and copy the IMA as well.

6. Scott Pooler July 9, 2008 at 3:46 pm #

Correction:

Anyone can call in – not just board members, members, former members, ethics committee, or not…

Call in and Ask Steve Grossberg a Question!

He agreed to come, make it worth his while.

7. IMA BYE BYE July 9, 2008 at 4:25 pm #

Steve won’t last long past the first caller.

I ask that someone prepare the moderators of this program with some basic questions that need to be answered. Otherwise I see a few ex-members calling in and it becoming a big he-said-she-said that is impossible to follow.

8. just another disgruntled member July 9, 2008 at 7:49 pm #

FIRST QUESTION:

Mr. Grossberg, did you or did you not post on the IMA forum information that you obtained through a private email sent to you?

A simple yes or no is all that is needed.

But, he will side step this. He will say he did not QUOTE the email, which he did not. He did however reveal information that was sent to him in a private email that was meant for his eyes only, and he KNEW it was meant for his eyes only.

This information was on the chat forum for all to see, and many did. It has the potential to do harm to a business.

9. Unbelievable July 10, 2008 at 2:57 am #

Question #2: Mr. Grossberg. Did you offer to send a copy of a private email sent to you to any member who requested it?

Answer, yes

I can’t be there will someone please ask this? Also, why were members removed without their permission siteing a rule that states they can be removed at any time for any reason. All members who have been removed are those who would have voted Mr. Grossberg out.

10. Unbelievable July 10, 2008 at 3:00 am #

Question #3: Mr. Grossberg, did you call Adam Hersch a con man and go on to degrade him further after a moderator reminded everyone involved to refrain from personal attacks?

Answer: Yes

Were your posts removed or moderated?

Answer: No

Did you continue to call Adam Hersch condescending terms until a moderator finally locked the thread because of ongoing complaints of others to end the berating?

Answer: Yes

Is this a common occurrence for you to continue on with attacking people after being asked to stop?

Answer: Yes

Please ask all these questions on Saturday. I look forward to hearing the replay.

11. Larry Phillips July 10, 2008 at 8:27 am #

Now why would you guys want to give Steve a preview of the questions you want to ask? Two comments – First, I may or may not listen, depending on whether I feel like soiling myself on Saturday morning, but I’m definitely NOT calling, unless I do listen, and find that he defames me.

Second – I will be happy to give anybody that is calling in some good questions to ask if they want. But not here in a public forum, where Steve gets the chance to prepare his answer, and discuss them with the other members of the Gang of 3. So if you want some questions, email me at larry@4stampsales.com.

12. Debbie Levitt July 10, 2008 at 9:11 am #

Larry, it won’t matter because I forsee the following two things:

1) Steve will decide not to do it, claiming that there won’t be anything he can say that doesn’t breach confidentiality.

2) Steve will do it and then not answer anything claiming confidentiality.

I too will not bother with this call because I don’t want to knowingly bring lies and BS into my life. But like you, I am certainly helping to prepare some people who plan to ask questions.

I know that Steve will not be able to back out of things, especially armed with the information I’m giving people. And none of it is confidential. It’s just on how to handle him based on his pattern of behaviour and psychological profile. 🙂

13. Scott Pooler July 10, 2008 at 9:38 am #

Debbie,

If you step back and look at your comment above, I think you could see that the impression it gives is that this will be an ambush.

I know Dave White will not allow any thing of the sort, and I know you may not have intended to give this impression.

Please refrain from commenting about anyone’s psychological profile in comments here. We do not condone commenting upon people in a way which could be construed as a personal attack.

I know you have had your differences, and I know it is difficult to not “go there”, but if this is to be a fair and open forum to discuss the events and business of the IMA or any other organization, personal comments should be left out.

I thank you, and everyone else for your cooperation in this regard.

14. Scott Pooler July 10, 2008 at 10:27 am #

One further note:

I have read in the eBay forums and on comments left here that personal attacks were not the exception, but the norm in the IMA forums.

I have never been in the IMA forums so I can not confirm these anecdotes.

I can say that personal attacks are no more appropriate here than on any forum, “private” or not.

My comments above do not defend such behavior by any party, IMA president, member or outside source.

We have enough to discuss within the framework of the actions and the operations of the current board of directors at IMA.

I am aware of what has transpired in the past and that such attacks leave painful memories. The natural instinct is to return same when an opportunity arises.

This publication has become a place where IMA members, current and former can express their views. I would like to maintain an atmosphere on the Trading Assistant Journal where this can be done without the fear of retribution or personal remarks.

Please help me maintain an open and positive discussion by keeping comments focused on events and facts, refraining from personal comments or attacks, deserved or not.

15. just another disgruntled member July 10, 2008 at 10:48 am #

I will be listening as I am interested to see how he spins this to his advantage.

Larry, I too have a list of questions I would love answered. I’m not going to call in, and I’m not going to email them to anyone to ask. I don’t believe there will be an honest answer given so why waste my time.

1. Breaking News - Internet Merchants Association President Backs Out of Confirmed Interview « Trading Assistant Journal - July 10, 2008

[…] Merchants Association President Threatens 1st Amendment Rights of Bloggers & JournalistsNational Radio Show Offers Open Mic to Internet Merchants Association Board Members and PresidentIMA Disbanding? – Discourse in the Ranks – Transparency Issues – What?Former Ethics Committee and […]